This is a key, senior position within WildAid, working as part of our international team with scope to rise further in the organization. The China Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director.
Working full-time and based in WildAid’s Beijing office, the China Program Manager will be required to travel within Mainland China and Hong Kong.
You will also travel to the US several times each year at the discretion and request of the Directors to specifically report on the operations and assist in all aspects of raising funds for the China program and the organization generally. This travel may be required at short-notice, during inconvenient periods and be extended with very limited warning.
You will be a first class communicator, able to deliver winning presentations in person and in writing with a detailed understanding of how to best use mass media, marketing and PR as an effective advocacy tool for wildlife and environmental conservation.
You will have superb interpersonal skills, be a very able negotiator with a finely tuned approach to sensitive situations and negotiations – at all levels, from village communities through to senior levels in Government in India and internationally.
You will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the program is adequately funded working with the ED, Chief Representative and Development Director seeking support in China and the US.
You will be responsible for grant and report writing as well as the effective day-to-day management of the China program according to an agreed strategy with specific and measurable, time-bound goals and outputs.
You will work with headquarters to develop a funding plan for each wildlife campaign including individual, corporate and foundation funders. Current campaigns include shark finning, ivory trade, rhino horn trade, tiger trade, marine protected areas and climate change (“5 To Do Today”) campaign.
You will be charged with actively seeking to develop the scope and positive impact of our work in China (according to a pre-agreed strategy and framework for implementation).
You will build relationships with other organizations and potential board members and grow the China Conservation Leadership Council. You will build WildAid Hong Kong as a source of financial support for the organization.
Salary dependant on experience & qualifications. A relocation package will be considered. All work-related travel costs are paid.
Application Procedure: Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with China Program Manager in the subject line, (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to
Due to high applicant volume you may only receive a response from WildAid if you are contacted for an interview.
- Perfect fluency in written and spoken English.
- A superb communicator, able to deliver winning presentations, orally, in person, in writing.
- A skilled and detailed project manager with a proven track record of delivering complex projects on-time and in budget, according to very tight deadlines and with limited resources.
- A superb people manager able to coordinate, guide and inspire partners, volunteers and staff to achieve their best. 5. Proven record / ability of fundraising and / or substantive business development.
- Proven record showing ability to fundraise and / or substantive business development.
- Qualified degree level or above.
-Stamina, commitment and ambition.
- Previous experience living and working in China with multinational teams.
- Willingness to reside in Beijing, China full-time.
- Preferred spoken Mandarin proficiency.
-Preferred experience of television production and / or advertising and new media at a professional level.
- Preferred marketing and public relations experience.
- Preferred experience in grant writing.
- Preferred experience of wildlife advocacy or previous work for wildlife conservation NGO.
- Preferred knowledge of wildlife conservation and / or a degree level qualification in a biological sense, or economics.
Job Email id: jobs(at)wildaid.org
Reserves Ecologist/Senior Reserves Ecologist - Reference number: 1240513 Location: Bedfordshire The RSPB are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic ecologist to support our work in Northern Engl...
10 hours ago