FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Research Liaison Officer in West Bank, Iraq.
Daily coordination of project activities in-country and communication with the Cairo office
- Build collaborative relationships with institutions, organizations and associations in order to construct an inclusive and diverse network of specialists in priority sector areas.
- Provide up-to-date research on country-specific best practice information from local and national research institutions.
- Work with the Cairo office for knowledge sharing, marketing and communications, expenditures and budgets, and publication and information dissemination.
- Assist in the technical design process of national workshops and follow-on activities
- Oversee all logistics for national-level workshops
- Liaise with local, national, and regional partners, donor agencies, universities, NGOs, AED staff, USAID OMEP and Mission staff, international and regional experts, and colleagues throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
- Work collaboratively with Research Analysts for timely responses to USAID Mission requests and on-going priority sector research.
- Initiate regular communication with USAID Mission staff in-country on a regular basis and remain abreast of OMEP and Mission needs and communicate these to the Cairo office.
- Disseminate information to all in-country networks about regional knowledge in the priority sector areas that have been generated and collated through the Cairo office.
- Generate up-to-date content for the Program portal and identify experts to expand the Specialist Database.
- Compile, in collaboration with the Cairo office, the annotated bibliographic series, research highlights, TIPS, and technical publication series for print and electronic distribution.
- Remain current on USAID programs and trends and priorities in the three priority sector development areas in country and communicates these to the Research Analysts and Cairo office.
- Carry out administrative duties necessary to run the West Bank office of one person (compiling procurement documents, submitting expenses, keeping limited inventory, etc.)
- Provide other assistance as needed to the Cairo office.
- Masters preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years, preferably four to five, experience in a related research or development field required.
- Strong organization, logistics, and networking skills required.
- Experience with computerized information services, especially online databases and strong internet searching skills.
- Previously established relationships and knowledge of Middle Eastern research institutions is preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID programming in the MENA region and experience in one of the priority sector areas high preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English required.
- Candidate may need to work from home and must be broadband connected.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
Research Liaison Officer (West Bank)