Project Assistant – Water-Health Nexus
(Personnel Service Agreement – PSA)
Organizational Unit: United Nations University – Institute for Water, Environment and Health (UNU-INWEH)
Reference Number : 2012/UNU/INWEH/PSA/PA/WH/11
Applications to : By E-mail: vacancy.INWEH@unu.edu
Closing Date : 1 June 2012
United Nations University’s Mission:
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development and dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States. For more information please visit www.unu.edu.
UNU – Institute for Water, Environment and Health (UNU-INWEH):
UNU-INWEH is a unit of the United Nations University based in Canada. It was created in 1996 with its core funding provided by the Government of Canada, and is hosted at the McMaster University, Hamilton. Its core concern is the global water crisis. It aims to contribute, through capacity development and directed research, to efforts to resolve pressing global water problems that are of concern to the United Nations, its member states and their peoples.
UNU-INWEH’s programme structure represents a proactive, selective and longer-term strategy to programme development. Its three core functions are: (a) capacity development through the strengthening of scientific, managerial, educational and institutional capacity in developing countries;
(b) enhancing and mobilizing knowledge to address policy issues and to fill critical knowledge gaps; and
(c) directed science and policy bridging – achieved through application of research and focused on
water policy and governance innovations. These core functions are applied to four thematic areas, each representing a critical aspect of the global water challenge:
• Freshwater Ecosystems
• Coastal Ecosystems
• Dryland Ecosystems
• Water-Health Nexus
We are looking for an outstanding individual with strong commitment to customer service and the potential to bring a significant contribution to the worldwide expansion of UN University’s operations.
Reporting to the Water-Health Nexus Programme Officer, the main duties and responsibilities of the Project Assistant - Water-Health Nexus include the following:
• providing support to the Water-Health Nexus Programme in successful completion of tasks related to implementation of project activities;
• organizing meetings and public lectures;
• communicating with project partners;
• facilitating information management; and
• any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences Engineering or Public Health.
• At least two (2) years of relevant working experience in handling administrative work. Preference will be given to those with experience in financial and/or project management in an international environment.
• Experience with word processing and spreadsheet programs is essential.
• Some experience in web management is desirable.
• Fluency in both oral and written English is required. Knowledge of any other UN official languages is advantageous.
• Result-oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
• Proven interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualification and experience. The position carries a salary in the range of CAD $30,000 to $34,000 per annum. The salary is exempt from Canadian income taxes.
Duration of Contract:
This is a full-time employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU-INWEH with the possibility for renewal subject to excellent work performance and availability of funds.
This is a locally recruited PSA position and no relocation allowance applies. Suitably qualified women applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
Starting Date: By 1 July 2012 or soon thereafter.
Interested applicants should submit their applications by e-mail (to vacancy.INWEH@unu.edu.), and must include the following:
• a cover letter setting out how the qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position;
• a completed and signed UNU Personal History form (P.11). Please avoid using similar forms provided by other United Nations organizations. Do not submit your curriculum vitae.
• a full contact information of three (3) referees (including e-mail addresses);
• the application must also indicate the reference number of the vacancy announcement (2012/UNU/INWEH/PSA/PA/WH/11).
• The application package should be attached to an e-mail and sent to
preferably it should be prepared as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file(s). Incomplete applications that do not include all of the requested information will not be considered.
Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement - *Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement – (572 jours ouvrables - 22j/mois) - Assistance Technique pour l'appui au Programme d’appui bu...
2 days ago