FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Research Intern in Washington, DC.
The Research Intern will be working with the Global Education Center. The tasks will be the following, but not limited to:
- Carry out extensive web-based data collection, providing up-to-date and valid data from a variety of international and national administrative sources, surveys, and student achievement studies to the current Education Policy and Data Center (EPDC) database;
- Upload data to the EPDC website;
- Assist in the management of EPDC.org content;
- Perform analyses of data to generate country and regional reports on key education developments;
- Contribute to EPDC working papers by assisting with statistical treatment of data, production of data reports, visuals, and writing;
- Identify issues requiring further research, to add to EPDC research agenda.
Bachelors required, Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some experience and facility with web-based databases, as well as familiarity with education data sources and indicators is desirable. Excellent written communication skills is required.
Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
Research Intern, Global Education/EPDC